Digital Video Editing Professional Development Training
The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Centre for Virtual Learning (CVL) is organizing a 5 days professional training from 11 Sept 2017 to 15 Sept 2017to equip participants with digital video editing skills.
The course has been developed to offer hands-on experience for all attendees to have pre- requisite skills to be able to edit any simple to sophisticated video programme using modern technology.
This course will provide a comprehensive overview of the key video editing principle and techniques that can be applied to create a sensible video programme. The lessons will focus on Premiere’s powerful editing tools along with tips and tricks on how to optimize the editing workflow from capturing video footage through transition tools to final movie output such as music video, documentary, TV commercial, Drama etc
Who should attend?
- You’re totally new to video production and would like to get started
- You’re using a basic editing package like iMovie or Windows but would like to achieve more professional results
- You’re self-employed or selling video services, such as wedding videos graphers etc.
- You have interest in video production
- You're an employee from film/tv/video production media
- At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand basic video production aspects including shooting ,lighting, miking and editing
- Understand different digital video formats and codecs
- Get video footage from a camcorder into the computer and Adobe Premiere
- Edit the raw footage into a sensible story
- Treat/grade the movie to convey a certain mood for the story
- Output the movie for distribution via the internet and DVD
- Good computer and internet skills with PC or Mac essential. No prior knowledge of compositing required.
Delivery mode & Dates
Attending this workshop is the perfect way to get a hands-on introduction to video production. Various lectures by video experts cover the fundamental techniques of shooting, miking, editing and lighting.
Attendees form production teams to put these techniques into actual hands-on practice. Attendees plan a project together, shoot it on the nearby location, edit the footage, then screen the results at the end of the workshop.
- Hands on practices; the training will take place on 11 Sept 2017 to 15 Sept 2017 from 8:30 to 16:00 daily
Training fee and Mode of payment
- Tsh. 350,000/= TSH only
- The fee per participants does not include tea, refreshments and meals.
- By cheque made payable to Director,Centre for Virtual Learning(CVL) , University of Dar es Salaam.
- By cash deposited to the following account: NBC-UDSM,Centre for Virtual Learning,No.040103002088
- UDSM Kijitonyama Campus (Former TTCL Staff College), Dar es Salaam